The regular meeting of the Circleville Town Council was called to order at 4:01 PM by Mayor Koby Willis. Council Members attending were: Shirl Fox, Shane Robinson, Kristi Westwood, and Kirk Fullmer. Mekeisia Westwood, Town Clerk was also in attendance.
Public attending were: Lynn Morgan, Priscilla Morgan, Jade Dalton, Becky Robinson, and Mike Dalton.
Mayor Willis led the pledge and then Shirl offered the prayer to open the proceedings. Town Clerk, Mekeisia Westwood swore in the new council members–Shane Robinson and Kristi Westwood. Shirl made a motion to approve the minutes from the December 12, 2019 meeting. Kirk seconded, and the motion passed unanimously.
First on the agenda, Jade Dalton was requesting a new 2-inch water meter. Smithfield would like to grow their pig barns in Circleville. Smithfield is requesting a 2-inch meter for the operation. Mayor Willis and the Town Council discussed their concerns with Jade and Mike. Kirk made a motion to approve the 2-inch water meter, and Shane seconded it. The motion passed unanimously.
Circleville Town goals for 2020 were discussed next. Mayor Willis had come up with 8 goals he would like to see happen in 2020. The goals are attached to the minutes.
Next, the Cemetery fence was discussed. The Town Council is wanting to come up with a design for the fence.
Next, the Mayor opened the floor to departments.
There was nothing.
The bills and budget variance reports were presented and reviewed by the council. Kirk made a motion to approve the bills and budget variance reports and adjourn; Shirl seconded, and the motion passed unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 5:33pm.
Town Goals 2020
- Complete clean up of the town dump
- Complete fence around the dump
- Install a new sign with dump rules and directions to landfill
- Remove temporary fence and install “No Dumping” signs around fenced area
- Level ground around fenced area and pick up any remaining trash
- Begin first phase of Cemetery Fence project
- Determine scope and sequence of the project
- Select design and estimate a budget
- Begin 3rd phase of Main Street project
- Add decorative features and town ensignia
- Select desired lighting options and hardware
- Meet with Mountain States Lighting and Rocky Mountain Power to submit Main Street Lighting proposal to the Utah Department of Transportation
- Continue and expand community events
- Continue and expand Spring Social (155th Birthday 2019), 4th of July festivities, Fireworks, and Thanksgiving Dinner
- Establish proper procedures and ordinances for site, project, & building permits
- Resurrect an old Town General Plan or develop a new one
- Establish a Planning Commission
- Pass updated town Zoning and Planning ordinances
- Educate community regarding new ordinances and planning commission
- Town Website
- Launch new town website
- Transfer data from old town website to new website
- Build awareness of new website using social media
- Water System Upgrades & Projects
- Explore further replacing and extending water line on 470 North
- Install larger distribution line from tank to town center
- Seek grant funding for secondary well project
- Explore options for improving town springs infrastructure
- Road Projects
- Chip seal rotomill sections of streets finished in 2019
[Disclaimer: This document is a transcription. While it is believed to be current and accurate, it is not warranted to be so. Should any inaccuracies or omissions be found, please notify circlevilleutah.org for correction. Divergence from the original in format and pagination are to be expected. As a transcription, this is not a legal document in itself, and should not be considered binding, but merely a convenience for reference by the Community. Copies of the original document can be obtained by contacting the Office of the Clerk, Town of Circleville, Utah.]